Dr. Havig - Sports Medicine Specialist
We are proud to provide our patients with comprehensive Sports Medicine and Orthopedic care. Whether you are a professional athlete or you just play for fun, we can take care of your medical needs.
We hope you find this site a valuable resource. It is meant to be an additional source of information in helping you make informed decisions regarding your healthcare.
Dr. Havig offers a full array of orthopedic services. Most of our patients don’t require surgery and are successfully treated with conservative measures. This may include physical therapy, anti-inflammatory/ pain medicine, injections and other treatments.
While our philosophy provides for a conservative approach, sometimes surgery is recommended, generally it is because conservative treatment has failed to improve your condition to a satisfactory level or because your condition will not reasonably improve without it.
The following services represent the main areas of our practice.
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Arthroscopy (ACL reconstruction, meniscus, debridement, lateral release)
- Shoulder Arthroscopy (rotator cuff, labral tears, impingement, instabilities)
- Joint Replacements (knee & shoulder)
- Fracture Care (reduction, casting, surgical intervention)
- General Orthopedics (elbow, wrist, ankle)
Dr. Michael T. Havig
Board certified orthopedic surgeon who has provided orthopedic care for Olympic Athletes.more info